The Xperia Z5 is Sony’s successful bid to present a powerful smartphone that works well, considering its failed attempt with the Z3.
Dustproof, and waterproof to some extent, the Sony Xperia Z5 is covered in scratch-resistant glass front and back, the glass at the back having a frosty, less slippery finish. The glass plus an aluminum frame and rubberized corners emphasize the phone’s premium status. The design, however, has some minus in the disturbing sharp, rather than blunt, edges which give the phone a block appearance.
One notable point in the design of the Sony Xperia Z5 is the location of the finger sensor in the power button. All of the buttons for volume, camera and power are on the right-hand side of the phone.
Overall dimensions of the Sony Xperia Z5 are 146 mm x 72 mm x 7.5 mm in length, breadth and depth respectively. The phone is available in white, graphite black, gold, and green colours.
For display, Sony Xperia Z5 employs a 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive multitouch screen, with resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels or a density of 428 ppi, and 16 million colours; altogether forming a display recipe for sharpness and great colours.
Sony Xperia Z5 display has among other features a brightness adjuster as well as user controls for image saturation, image sharpness and the backlight.
OS, Processor and Memory
Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) which was the latest at the time of the launch of Sony Xperia Z5 serves as the OS for the phone, with the new Xperia Z5 software as user interface. There is a plan for an upgrade of the OS to the next Android, the MarshMallow.
Operation specs of the Sony Xperia Z5 denote power. The phone’s powerhouse consists of an octa core processor arrangement of Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 plus Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57. Graphics are handled by Adreno 430 GPU. There is a superb memory configuration of 3GB RAM and internal memory of 32 GB which is expandable by microSD up to 200 GB.
Main camera for the Sony Xperia Z5 is a smashing 23 MP with a high picture resolution of 5520 x 4140-pixels. The secondary camera is 5.1 MP. Camera features include geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR and panorama.
Sony Xperia Z5 runs well with its non-removable Li-ion 2900 mAh battery, giving up to 540 hours standby, 17 hours of talk time or 8 hours of music. Literally, the phone can serve for a full day on its battery.
Specs of Sony Xperia Z5
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive multi-touch screen; 1080 x 1920 pixels (428 ppi density) resolution; 16 million colours; Scratch-resistant glass
- OS: Android OS, v. 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: Octa-core – Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57 CPU; Adreno 430 GPU
- Network: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Memory: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal memory; 200 GB micro SD
- Camera: 23 MP (up to 5520 x 4140-pixels picture resolution) Rear Camera; 5.1 MP Front Camera; video; autofocus; LED flash; geo-tagging; touch focus; face detection; HDR; panorama
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth v4.1 A2DP, Micro USB v.2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- Battery: 2900 mAh Li-Ion, Non-removable
The Sony Xperia Z5 comes with a hefty price tag of N158,000 (Parktel Online Price). Click here to order yours now.