Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is made to fulfill the desire for a high-end smartphone or phablet that has users’ productivity at its heart. From the re-engineered stylus, with its new opportunities, to the new Shortcuts Wheel, Instant Memo, PDF writing and Scrolling Capture, the phone is packed full of tools designed to aid users to achieve more and easily. Add the super power house, surprising battery life plus the sleek design and you have a powerful premium phone in your hands.
With scratch-resistant glass at the front and at the back, bound by annodised metal rim, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is apparently elegant. Its slimness and the curves at the back together with a well-managed size make the Note 5 easy to handle for the hand. Overall size is 153.2 mm x76.1 mm x 7.6mm in length, breadth and depth while weight is 171g. The phone has a uni-body, which implies that the back as well as the battery is not user-removable. No slot is provided for a microSD.
The Note 5 is available in gold, silver, white and sapphire-black colours.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 spots a large 5.7-inch display in support of the phone’s productivity drive. The multi-touch screen is AMOLED with a wow resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels or a density of 515 pixels per inch and it is protected with scratch-proof Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
OS, Processor and Memory
OS for the Samsung galaxy Note 5 is the latest Android, Lollipop 5.1, overlaid with Samsung’s TouchWiz User Interface.
The Note 5 delivers through a powerful operation house comprising of octa-core Exynos 7420 processor running in two quad-core pairs at 2.1 and 1.5 GHz respectively with Mali-T760 MP8 GPU, all backed by an outstanding 4 GB RAM.
For internal storage space, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has two versions of 32 GB and 64 GB. Neither of the versions has provision for expansion but 100 GB free cloud storage is available for users.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has 16 MP camera with a resolution of 5312 x 2988 pixels at the rear and 5 MP camera in the front. Video capability is 2160p@30fps and 1080p@60fps. Camera features include optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash with a lot of options and settings that enable a user to customize pictures to his or her taste or satisfaction. A new live broadcast feature via YouTube is also available.
The configuration of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is such that maximizes its 3000 mAh battery to provide 15 hours of operation. To keep the battery is supported by wireless charging and, to keep it going longer there are two levels of power saving, including an ultra power saving mode.
Specs of Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1440 x 2560 pixels (~518 ppi pixel density), 16 Million Colours, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57, Mali-T760MP8 GPU
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G, GPRS, EDGE
- Memory: 4 GB RAM, 32 GB/64 GB ROM Versions, No MicroSD
- Camera: Rear – 16 MP 5312 x 2988 pixel, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR, 2 MP Front
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v 4.2 with ADP, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, microUSB v2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Battery: 3000 mAh Li-Po, Non Removable, 15 hours operation time
Price for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in Nigeria ranges from N140,000 to N150,000 for the 32 GB version and N160,000-N175,000 for the 64GB version. Click here to check our price.